An Assortment of Tuscan Crostini
Crostini with Prosciutto di Parma, Pecorino, and Truffle Honey
1. Slice a loaf of artisanal bread, Tuscan-style sourdough, or Levain-style bread.
2. Toast the bread on a griddle, stovetop toaster, or Italian tostapane until lightly charred on both sides. Brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
3. Place a slice of Prosciutto di Parma or other quality prosciutto on the bread. Top with slices of pecorino cheese.
4. Drizzle truffle honey over the crostini, including bits of truffle if they are in the honey.
Crostini with Fresh Pear, Pecorino, and Honey
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
2. Place a slice of pecorino on the bread. Top that with thin slices of pear.
3. Drizzle the honey of your choice over the crostini.
Crostini with Ricotta and Honey
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 in the first recipe.
2. Place a generous portion of whole-milk ricotta on the crostini. Drizzle the honey of your choice over the crostini. Sprinkle with lemon zest.